Winter offers a perfect opportunity to prune your trees with minimal risks of damage. This is because trees are typically dormant during winter. Whether you are a homeowner or business owner, pruning is a key part of a long term maintenance strategy to keep your trees healthy and strong.
Pruning allows you to remove certain parts of a tree that are dead, dying or infected by diseases. Tree trimming and pruning is effective in maintaining healthy tree growth and adds to the curb appeal of your property.
Winter Tree Pruning Tips
- One of the advantages of pruning during winter is that it helps prevent excessive bleeding of sap that can happen as a result of mistakes during cutting.
- Don’t wait until your trees become overgrown before considering pruning them. Pruning when the trees are young gives you much flexibility as you can manage the process as well as mitigate the risk of leaving your tree with scars that may expose them to diseases.
- It is recommended that you only remove less than 5 centimeters in diameter because anything between 5 and 10 centimeters can have a damaging effect on the health and growth of your tree.
- Get professional help. Although DIY seems to be the popular thing these days, however, for certain complex tree care services like tree removal and pruning, it is best to engage the services of an expert arborist.
- Only trim branches that have weak and narrow angles. Leave branches with strong, U-shaped angles.
Where To Find The Best Tree Service In Albany
If you are in Albany and are looking for a professional tree care company, you want to check out the guys at Green Acres Tree Service & Land Clearing. They are one of the best and most reliable arborist companies in Albany and its surrounding areas. They specialize in tree removal, tree trimming and pruning, land clearing and stump removal, storm cleanup, and forestry mulching. They are licensed and fully insured, and deliver outstanding tree care services at competitive rates. Their customer service is top-notch and they are committed to your satisfaction as a valued customer.
You can book a FREE consultation by visiting their official website or call (229) 881-2538